Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Church Visit-Sparta Evangelical Free Church


April 9, 2006- Palm Sunday- website- www.spartaefc.org

This was the first Sunday after my operation on my vocal cords, so I had a day to "worship in silence". Worship was held at the Helen Morgan School in Sparta. This church has grown to pretty large church- the worship service that we attended was full (I guess about 200 in attendance- it was the 2nd worship service that morning, so I imagine that attendance at the worship services number close to 300). The ethnic make-up closely reflected the Sparta area- probably about 99% white. The worship service was more of a traditional European style, with some choruses and some hymns. The message was clearly focused on the meaning of the cross.
If you drive along Route 15, north of Sparta, you will see their beautiful facility which is being built in a strategic location- 110 acres right on Rt. 15! Their building is expected to be completed sometime in June. I believe that they have a bright future, and we pray that they may reach many for Christ in the Sparta area.

No comments: