Thursday, May 22, 2008

Home Makover Day

On Saturday,May 17th, we had about 15 volunteers from "The Well" take a few hours to paint and decorate the home of Mary MacNeill & Kyle & Devon. We were able to complete a lot of work at the home, and we had a great time doing it. The home looks great, and it was a boost to all of us who participated in the project. Not quite "Extreme Home Makeover"- but, we did pretty well for the day, with the resources and volunteers that we had! Mary wrote: "Hi Pastor Pete, I wanted to write to express my thanks and just tell you how blessed I am to be a part of The Well. I experienced a TRUE family experience from the church last Saturday with the overflowing love and help to make our house a home. I am sure that everyone was aware of my struggles to find another place to live in the Morristown/Morris township area, but all efforts failed and I accepted that I needed to stay were I was. Sue offered the idea of having a painting day to wash away the past years of hurt in the house and make it new. We prayed for the Holy Spirit to fill our home with his presence and help us to forget the past years there. So this is what was done last Saturday and I can’t tell you how much the boys and I LOVE our home. When I walk in every night after work I can say that I truly feel like I am home and relaxed. It’s exactly what I wanted. The boys are so excited about their bedroom, they’ve actually be sleeping in there for the first time in over a year. This is something I have been praying about for a while. I like to just leave with something that God brought to my attention the other day in devotions, Romans 12:9-11 “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.” Thank you for your brotherly love. Mary T. MacNeill

No comments: